Apply to Become a Fellow
Our application deadline has passed. We’ll begin recruiting again in the fall.
Use the button below to apply. Every applicant must complete an online application that includes the following:
- A ranking of the three to four placements that interest you the most
- Two Short Response Questions (1-2 paragraphs each): 1) What draws you to the work of Philadelphia’s non-profit sector? Why do you feel Philly Fellows is the best avenue to this work for you? 2) Fellows will be living together in houses with 3-6 other fellows. Please explain why community living appeals to you and why you feel you would thrive in this setting. Include any potential challenges you foresee.
- A Personal Essay (750 words, or about two pages double-spaced) The topic is open-ended, but please make it relevant to Philly Fellows in some way. This helps us become more acquainted with you as a person and demonstrates how you organize your thoughts and express yourself. Keep in mind that we’re looking for an essay, not a cover letter or a narrative form of your résumé.
- A résumé including employment history, academic background, and relevant activities (uploaded .pdf)
In addition, applicants must submit the following supplementary materials to Philly Fellows:
- Two letters of recommendation (instructions for recommenders can be found here)
- An official transcript from your college. This should be mailed to: Philly Fellows; 1501 Cherry Street, Philadelphia, PA 19102
Questions? Read our FAQ.
November 2016: Philly Fellows holds information sessions at Philadelphia-area colleges
January 2017: Application forms available online and full job descriptions for host agencies posted in first week of January
Late January 2017: Philly Fellows holds second round of information sessions
February 5, 2017: Applications due to Philly Fellows by 11:59 p.m.
Late February, 2017: Selected applicants invited to interview
Mid-March, 2017: 2017-2018 Philly Fellows are selected
March-early April, 2017: Fellows interview at 3-4 host agencies of their choice to determine the best match.
April 2017: Fellows receive final placements
Late July 2017 – July 2018: Fellowship year
For questions about the Philly Fellows Program or application process, email us at email@example.com.